Instructions for how to correctly fill out the item inventory sheet and submit your photos to us.
Note: This page is for the use of Vendors who have already received their acceptance notifications for the Pride, Not Prejudice Fair. For information on how to apply and the application form, please visit the Vendor Information Page.
To load your items into our e-store, we are using a spreadsheet with specific columns in conjunction with a photo transfer service.
It is important that you send us your filled out spreadsheet in CSV or Excel format.
Please review the full vendor information before continuing.
Filling Out The Spreadsheet
Please use our spreadsheet template for filling out your item lineup. To keep the shop size manageable, we are asking for no more than 30 listings. Those submitting by the Early Bird deadline (October 9) may submit 5 additional listings (for a total of 35).
Each of your items are entered as either simple items or variable items.
Simple Item: This item has no variations. Examples include a wood carving or a handbag for which you only have one option available.
Variable Item: This item has variations that the shopper can pick from. Examples include the same design on a red, green, or blue shirt, or differently scented bath bombs.
SKU: This is a unique identifier for each item. You can use a number, or something similar to the item name. Important: use dashes instead of spaces.
Name: This is the name of the item as it will appear on the website.
Regular price: This is how much the item costs.
Stock: This is how many of the item you are selling. If there are no limits, leave blank. Please keep in mind that you will need to be able to provide all items sold by the Saturday, November 14th, 2020 – be aware of your time and resources to account for this when setting these numbers.
Short description: This is a short description of the item. This is what will be prominently shown to shoppers. Please keep this short – one line or phrase.
Important note, this must be entered in one cell.
Description: This is a detailed description of the item. It can be long within reason (a few paragraphs, but not pages of text). Please ensure that the description includes information that shoppers need to make their purchase: dimensions/scale, care instructions, etc.
Important note, this must be entered in one cell.
Entering a Simple Item
This item is entered on a single line in the spreadsheet.
- Under the Type column, enter simple.
- Fill SKU, Name, Short Description, Description, Stock (optionally), Regular price columns.
- Leave Parent, Attribute 1 name, and Attribute 1 value(s) columns blank.
Entering a Variable Item
This item is entered with several lines, one for the main details, and a separate line for each of the variations. To maximize the shopping experience, we are asking for no more than 5 variations.
If this five variation hard limit is posing a problem for a specific item of yours, please reach out and we’ll see what we can accommodate.
- Under the Type column, enter variable.
- Fill the SKU, Name, Short Description, Description columns.
- Leave the Stock, Regular price, and Parent columns blank.
- Under the Attribute 1 name column, enter the name of your variation – for example, colour or size.
- Under the Attribute 1 value(s) column, enter the possible variations separated with commas – for example, red, green, blue.
- For each variation add a new line and…
- Under the Type column, enter variation.
- Fill the Name, Stock (optionally), and Regular price columns. You should use the same name as the variable line but also add a key word to reflect the variation. If you called the item Hoodie, a possible name for the variation is Hoodie – Red.
- Leave the SKU, Short description, Description columns blank.
- Under the Parent column, enter the SKU of the variable line.
- Under the Attribute 1 name column, enter the same variation name as the variable line. Foe example, colour.
- Under the Attribute 1 value(s) column, enter one of the variations used in the list on the variable line. For example, red.
One exception to this limitation is for sizes for clothing. We want to allow and encourage you to be as size inclusive as possible. As such, if you are selling an article of clothing, you can have as many variation within the size variation group as necessary. For example: XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL.
A second exception to this limitation is for pronoun and pride flag related items. Due to the fact there are more than five pronouns used and more than five pride flags/identities we are willing to work with makers on this. You can either have additional variations or can have a personalization box where shoppers can write in the flag(s) or pronouns they would like. Add a note in a new cell to the rightmost for this listing and please make it clear in your listing photos/description what the options are – drop off deadlines will still need to be met.
Words can sometimes make something seem more complicated than it is. Here is an example spreadsheet that lists a salad bowl, and a hoodie available in white and black.
You can use this blank template as well.
Sending Us Your Item Sheet
You can send your sheet to us by email, share it with us if it’s a Google Sheet, or include it as part of your WeTransfer submission (see next section).
Sending Us Your Item Photos
- Crop your photos to be square aspect ratio with a minimum dimension of 1080×1080. They can be a bit bigger, but for the sake of transfer, keeping it 1080×1080 will help everyone out! ShowWiz has a good blog on how to size and crop your photos using Canva.
- Name your images so that they start with the SKU of their respective items.
- Put all your images in a folder titled with YOUR business name. Please, do not put Pride, Not Prejudice so that we wind up with many with the same name.
- Non-mandatory Photograph suggestions: Lighting well lit, bright photos work to showcase your products, multiple photos per listing (please no more than five)
We have decided to use the WeTransfer service to receive your photos. Using this service, send them to email@example.com.