This is a 4 day online market with a common cart and consolidated shipping. Options for both flat rate shipping (to Canada & the US) and free local pickup (at various locations) will be available to shoppers.
It will run Thursday, November 3, 2022 at 5:00pm to Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 6:00pm.
Workshops will be held on the Saturday (and potentially Sunday), should the need arise.
Artist/maker Vendors are limited to 30 listings with a maximum of two variant classes (size, colour, format, etc) per listing. Those who submit by the earlier listing deadline may submit 35.
Vendors can also participate in the collab feature. Collab listings do not count towards the listing limit.
Author Vendors pay a reduced fee and are limited to 10 listings.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
Vendor Notification: by Thursday, September 22, 2022.
Vendor Fee Payment Deadline: Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
Public Vendor Announcement: Once vendor payments have been finalized..
Submission Deadline to get 5 extra listings: Monday, Tuesday October 4, 2022.
Regular Listings Deadline: Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
Collab Listing Deadline: Tuesday, October 18, 2022.
*Please note that Vendors in the “Authors” vendor type are to follow the Regular submission deadline and that extra listings and collab listings do not apply to them.
Artists/Makers: $50.00 +HST ($56.50) (sliding scale available)
Authors: $10 +HST ($11.30)
Commission: 15% of sales (will not be charged if sales are under $100)
Why is there commission and a participation fee?
The participation fee will cover static costs such as the website and shop fees, programming needs, advertisements, promotions.
The commission fees will cover payment processing fees, 2.5% (of net sales) towards community charitable causes, workshop facilitator honorariums, packing materials, any extra shipping fees not covered by the flat rate, and any other miscellaneous costs.
Any remaining funds will be compensation for the time and labour of the show organizers.
Who Can Participate?
The Pride, Not Prejudice Fair is focused on anti-oppressive activism and ideals. The goal is to highlight feminist, queer, disabled, racialized, marginalized, alongside other progressive makers, artists, and brands.
Applications are open to all makers and creators with products, brands, or identities that fit within that goal, mission, and objective.
Our preference is for makers to physically transport (or make arrangements to get) their products to the Central Hub (located near St Laurent Mall) or to one of the localized drop off windows. The timeline to be able to get packages out to customers is tight – waiting on one vendor’s items that are stuck in the mail is not part of this timeline.
Due to this requirement, our focus is on makers, artists, and authors in Ottawa area. We are open to applications from makers and artists from further away, as long as they are willing to travel – or, upon the discretion of the organizer, ship using a courier (we recommend Swiftpost) or expedited shipping. Any applicants outside of this area will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will need to agree to these terms in order to avoid delays in the fulfilment of products.
Products not accepted:
In order to facilitate flat rate shipping, the items listed below will not be accepted.
- Prints/artwork/objects larger than 14″ x 14″ (unless it can be rolled with a width of less than 14″). No items are to exceed 14″ in any dimension.
- Overly fragile items (examples: large or overly delicate clay or glass pieces). Mug/plate size and smaller pieces are okay as long as you recognize you need to pack them padded and protected. If you’re uncertain, send me a message and we’ll see what we can work out. We just want to ensure everyone is happy and no one is dealing with broken product: us, you, or the customer.
- Perishable items or items sensitive to temperature fluctuations during shipping. Packaged, shelf-stable food is welcomed.
- HOWEVER, we accept items (food or otherwise) that are shelf stable/safe enough for local pick up but cannot be shipped. We will have a special label for these on the website and they will only be available for folks who choose to pick up from one of our pick up locations.
- Digital items (however, if you have a “freebie”, we will be making a page featuring these free downloadables).
- Customizable items (in order to ensure quick turn around).
Accessibility & Concerns
If you would like to discuss any of this, have questions, concerns, etc. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or within the Vendor Facebook group. If you’d prefer to speak by phone, please provide your phone number in a message and we will arrange to call you.